Sugar Me Sweet ~ Pendant: Cindy Gimbrone, Enamel Bead: Sue Beads, Lampwork: J Savina Beads, Ceramic: Golem Studio.

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Studio Day!

Today I actually had a full day in my studio! It has been a while. On Tuesdays and Thursdays my son is in daycare and they are supposed to be my days to work on jewelry but lately other errands and obligations have been taking up my time. But today, I had a whole blissful day! I started off by firing my kiln for the first time! I picked it up last Tuesday and have been staring at it for over a week. I wanted to make sure I had a good chunk of time put aside because I didn't know how long it would take to reach temperature. I decided to fire it with only the kiln furniture for the first time just so I'll know how it works before I actually fire any beads. It took about 5 hours to reach temperature (cone 04) and it kept my studio nice and toasty all day. Next week I hope to bisque fire my first load of beads!

While my kiln was doing its thing, I was busy working on some new pendants and earrings. I received a nice little package last week that I had ordered from Lorelei Eurto. She has started selling her handcrafted vintage tin bead caps in her new shop called Tin Snippets. I ordered two sets from her and they are so cute! I love them. They are a nice way to add a little extra color to a simple bead. She doesn't currently have anything in her shop but if you follow her blog she'll let you know when she's having another shop update. Trust me, they will go fast!

Necklaces and Earrings Featuring Lorelei's Tin Snippets
Lorelei's Tin Snippets

I also made some more clay beads and test tiles that I hope to fire next week! I'll be sure to share some photos as I load my kiln for the first time. :-)

Smiles,
Lisa

2 comments:

  1. Your plain colored beads are very effective with the tin caps, must get me some of those. glad to hear the kiln is now cooking! Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jenni! I really want to get some more!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...