Sugar Me Sweet ~ Pendant: Cindy Gimbrone, Enamel Bead: Sue Beads, Lampwork: J Savina Beads, Ceramic: Golem Studio.

Thursday, January 6, 2011

New Year, New Jewelry!

Happy New Year everyone! The holidays are over and I finally have a little time to hit the studio! I wanted to share a few photos of some new pieces I've been working on.

WILD flowers

This asymmetrical design is a little wild and crazy for me which is why I decided to call it WILD flowers (emphasis on WILD). These gorgeous lampwork flowers are made by Tanya McGuire. Her flowers remind me of tiny Chihuly sculptures. I have combined them with her lumpy, bumpy beads as well as lampwork rondelles by Elizabeth Creations. Little jet black glass beads are spaced throughout.

Tequila Sunrise

Here I go naming jewelry after cocktails again! This piece started with a bubbly looking ceramic pendant by Golem Studios. The gradation of red through yellow reminded me of the drink Tequila Sunrise with the grenadine on the bottom, OJ on the top and the beautiful variations found between them. I have linked it with copper wire to matching Golem Studios ceramic beads and stamped copper washers by Susan Lambert (who also makes beautiful lampwork beads).

Longevity
Longevity-collage
I am in LOVE with this one. When I purchased this amazing ginkgo leaf pendant by Shaterra Clay Studios I just knew that it had to be combined with copper! In my stash I found a strand of African turquoise that coordinated beautifully. The ginkgo leaf is a symbol of health and longevity in many cultures and I though Longevity would be the perfect name for this piece.

Luxe Earrings
Luxe-Earrings
Luxe: The condition of being sumptuously elegant. That sounds about right! These earrings are made with stunning Boro lampwork beads by Java Bead that I have combined with kyanite teardrops, swarovski crystals and pearls.

Waterfall Earrings
Waterfall-collage
These earrings are just dripping with sparkly aqua dangles! Each dangle is suspended from a different length of sterling silver chain to create a shimmering waterfall effect.

I hope you're all having a great start to this new year! I have tons of new ideas that I can't wait to share. :-)

5 comments:

  1. Hi. Just stopping by to say hi to fellow bloggers who are participating in the Bead Soup.
    Can't wait to see what you create!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All gorgeous!! The tequila sunrise is breathtaking...love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All your pieces are stunning, but I especially love the necklace Longevity.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...